- Issues faced by the client
- What we have analyzed
- How we resolve the issue & Solution Provided
Issues faced by client
- Physical Inventory is cumbersome and it is time consuming process
- Creation of Batch is manual.
- Tag distribution & tag writing takes supervision and training
- Tags written by hand are not giving aesthetic impact
- Barcodes sticker need to print separately
- The tags written entry need to transfer on excel for recording
- Tag cancellation process is tedious
- There are more than one location which are with limited manpower & their inventory status can be tracked through online
- Physical inventory was causing production stoppage of 8-10 days
What we have analyzed
- Industry 4.0 for Physical inventory was not present
- The PI process is required to be lean
- Production time lost due to physical inventory is major challenge.
- Batch can be created automatically
- Tags can be printed automatically
- Barcode tags can be printed on location itself with mobile printer
- In order to save time, use of mobile app can give user a upper hand
- Need PI report
- Remote location means internet can provide a correct output
Solution Proposed & Implemented
- We have created a web based application which can be accessed anywhere
- Batch can be created from the web app. Tag nos. can be allotted to this batch & assigned to person who is taking inventory for this batch. Auditor will also linked to this batch
- We have developed a mobile app called Ekatm PI which can be installed on the person who is taking inventory.
- The batch allotted will be visible to respective person on the Ekatm App.
- Bluetooth Printer is provided to every user & it will be connected through Ekatm App.
- User will go in warehouse, check the Item Code & count the item. Feed this data in mobile app, enter location & click on print.
- Bluetooth printer simply print the Barcode Tag sticker by getting instruction from mobile App.
- Provision of batch printing is also available